There’s still plenty of time to retreat to the fabled waters of the Chesapeake Bay this summer and stay with us at our #1-rated Irvington VA Bed and Breakfast. While you’re here, enjoy delicious one of the best Virginia wineries, world-class Virginia Oysters, romantic cruises on our boat, True Love, and fun day trips to places like Belle Isle State Park.
There are plenty of great things to do in Irvington, Virginia, but Belle Island State Park is among our favorites. Belle Isle State Park is situated right on the banks of the Rappahannock River between Deep Creek and Mulberry Creek and is about a 30-minute drive from our Irvington, VA Bed and Breakfast.
Belle Isle State Park is just one of the myriad things to do in Irvington, VA. While visiting the area this summer, give yourself plenty of time to sink into this beautiful town’s charming, laid-back vibe. For a truly luxurious experience that is unparalleled anywhere on the Eastern Seaboard, spend a few days at our Irvington, VA Bed and Breakfast.
With high-end, one-of-a-kind amenities and the #1 Irvington restaurant, The Colonnade, you’ll want for nothing during your stay with us. Book your getaway to the beautiful Chesapeake Bay today!
A Relaxing Afternoon at Belle Isle State Park
There are plenty of great things to do in Irvington, Virginia, not to mention plenty of great places along the Chesapeake Bay to spend a relaxing afternoon. One of our favorites, though, is Belle Isle State Park. Belle Isle State Park is a relatively short drive away from our Irvington, Virginia Bed and Breakfast. It offers nearly 900 acres of immaculate land to explore, including seven miles of shoreline along the Rappahannock River.
Visitors to Belle Isle State Park will have the opportunity to explore a variety of ecosystems found in the Chesapeake Bay, including tidal wetlands, upland forests, and rural farmland. There are various hiking and biking trails within Belle Isle State Park to explore, in addition to boat launches for further exploration of the area via water.
If you need a bike or paddling equipment, rentals can be found here and in downtown Irvington. We’d be happy to help you arrange whatever you need to enjoy at Belle Isle State Park, too!
The protected lands of Belle Isle State Park mean the area is rich in biodiversity, with plenty of birds, plants, and other wildlife cohabitating here. In fact, there are eight distinct types of wetlands here. These diverse ecosystems are home to predator birds like blue herons, osprey, hawks, bald eagles, and a host of other mammals, reptiles, and amphibians.
More Things to do in Irvington, VA This Summer
We say this often, but the “tiny but tony” town of Irvington, Virginia, is an absolute delight. Not only is the town exceedingly romantic and surrounded by the unbeatable scenery of the Chesapeake Bay, but there are plenty of great things to do in Irvington, Virginia, too! There’s far more to this charming, seaside town than we can convey here, as it’s truly a place best experienced to be understood.
The same can be said for our Irvington, VA Bed and Breakfast – itself rated as one of the best things to do in Irvington, Virginia! Whether you want to do nothing but sip wine and slurp oysters with us at our unique Micro-Vineyard & Oyster Bar or get out for an adventure at places like Belle Isle State Park, there’s no shortage of wonderful things to do in Irvington, VA.
As you start planning your summer vacations, here are a few other great things to do in Irvington, VA, to keep in mind.
- One of the best things to do in Irvington, VA, is to take to the water with us and cruise on the Rappahannock River and Carter’s Creek on our boat, True Love. Our boat has a spectacular history, and we offer scheduled cruises every Saturday at 4 pm and 5:15 pm. With enough notice, we’re also happy to charter the boat for you on most other days, pending availability.
- Set sail on the magnificent Chesapeake Bay with Sail and Surf Adventures for an unforgettable afternoon on the water. It’s one of the most popular things to do in Irvington, Virginia.
- When you need a break from the busy adventures, take the short walk into downtown Irvington and enjoy a bit of shopping.
- We are the best Virginia winery in the area, of course, but there are a few others we’d recommend you visit, including those found on the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail.
- Another one of the more popular things to do in Irvington, VA, during the summer is to the Irvington Farmer’s Market. It’s considered one of the best in Virginia and does a great shop of showcasing the incredible bounty of our region. It’s filled with farm-fresh goodies, flowers, baked goods, and art.
- Aside from Belle Isle State Park, another great place to spend a summer afternoon is at Hughlett’s Point Natural Area.
- Play a round of golf at the Golden Eagle Golf Club.
Are you ready to relax, unwind, and enjoy the best getaway of the summer? Book your room at our #1-rated Irvington, Virginia Bed and Breakfast today!