The Virginia Wine and Oyster Classic
Virginia’s Best of the Best - Together for the First Time
Fifteen of Virginia’s Best Winemakers Paired with The Best Oysters in the World
Prepared by Ten of Virginia’s Best Chefs
Saturday, November 2, 2013 at The Dog and Oyster Vineyard
For more Information and to reserved tickets and tailgate spaces, contact:
CALL: The Hope and Glory Inn 804-438-6053 or 800-497-8228
ORDER ONLINE: The Virginia Wine and Oyster Classic www.virginiawineandoysterclassic.com
Planned by the award winning Hope and Glory Inn and it’s Dog and Oyster Vineyard , and in partnership with the leaders of the Virginia oyster and restaurant industry, this new culinary event will showcase a team of ten of Virginia’s best chefs preparing oysters to be paired with wines from fifteen of Virginia’s finest winemakers. It would be difficult to find a better pairing then that of two of life’s most sought after delicacies – oysters and wine. Classic guests will savor local oysters prepared by Virginia’s best chefs and relish Governor’s Cup Gold Medal winning wine in an authentic Chesapeake Bay vineyard setting.
The vision is to capitalize on VIRGINIA which has recently been designated the “East Coast Capital for Oysters”, and its Chesapeake Bay region was described by USA Today as “The Napa Valley of Oysters”. Wine Enthusiast magazine last year, in turn, named Virginia as “One of Ten Best Travel Destinations in the World for Wine”. World class oysters and world class wine at one event – a combination that cannot be topped.
In addition to the specialty pairing of wine and oysters, the event will feature wine tastings, a Virginia oyster bar, including “Take and Carry” bags of raw oysters for onsite tailgating and picnics, other fine outdoor prepared seasonal foods and beverages, live entertainment and boutique booths with specialty food and retail products.
Ticket options include:
- $30 Wine Tasting Admission Ticket ($40 day of) includes general admission, parking and 10 tasting tickets;
- $20 General Admission Ticket ($30 day of) includes general admission and parking; wine tasting tickets not included;
- $100 Tailgate Ticket (advance reservations only, not available day of) a premier parking location adjacent to wine and oyster tents; Wine Tasting Admission and/or General Admission tickets must be purchased for all guests in the vehicle. A first for Virginia wine festivals —tailgating in the center of the action! Prize for the Best Dressed Tailgate!
- $375 VIP Table (advance reservations only, not available day of) includes seating and Wine Tasting Tickets for eight (8).
- Additional Wine Tastings can be purchased for $5 (Wine Tasting Booklets of five (5) wine tastings), available for purchase day of and only after entry to event.
Oysters, craft beer, sodas and specialty foods will be sold a la carte.
The classic location of Irvington is in probably the most publicized small town on the Chesapeake Bay and well situated in the very heart of Virginia’s oyster country. The weekend selected in November is exceptional because the iconic Urbanna Oyster Festival, occurring on this same weekend is just 20 minutes away, and another reason to visit the Northern Neck and Virginia’s Chesapeake Bay region at this time of year.” Just steps away from the Dog and Oyster Winery, visitors will also have the opportunity to enjoy the Irvington Farmers Market, (recipient of the 2013 Virginia Living readers Best of the Best), Saturday, November 2, 9 am – 1 pm.
Among the Virginia Wine and Oyster Classic list of sponsors and supporters are Virginia Living Magazine, BB &T Wealth Management, BB&T Insurance, Chubb Insurance, Select Registry, DiRoNA, and “Dishing Up Virginia’s” food aficionado Patrick Evans-Hylton. The event is produced in partnership with Events East.
A percentage of the proceeds will benefit the Richmond SPCA and the Animal Welfare League of the Northern Neck (providers of rescue dogs that “work” the vineyards of Virginia), and a Virginia Waterman’s Scholarship Fund for deserving students of Virginia watermen families.
Tickets are non-refundable; the Classic is rain or shine unless cancelled by organizer. In the event of cancellation by organizer, purchased tickets will be honored at the 2014 event.